WiNToBootic is a freeware that allows you an easy creation of bootable Windows USB hard or flash disk from an ISO image, CD/DVD or Folder. This product is focused on creation of boot disks based on Microsoft Windows NT 6.x OS family (Vista, 7, 8, Server 2008, Server 2012).
- What supports WiNToBootic?
- It supports as following:
Note: there will be no support of Windows XP/WinPE 1.x (BartPE) boot disks. Sorry, that's old hat! If can't live without WinPE 1.x try the Rufus Tool.
- Boot disk type: USB Flash and Hard Disk Drive
- Boot disk filesystem: NTFS
- Windows boot image source: ISO image, CD/DVD, Folder
- Windows boot image version: Windows Vista, 7/2008, 8/2012, PE2, PE3, PE4
- ISO type: 9660 Joliet, 13346 UDF
- What are the System Requirements?
- As following:
- Windows XP or later (32/64)
- .NET Framework 2.0
- Admin Rights
- How to get ready?
- Download, unZIP and execute it, no installation is required. The rest is self describing.
- Still wanna guide: how to create a bootable USB disk?
- Ok, here we go:
- Plug in USB Flash or Hard Disk Drive
- (Select the right Drive Letter if necessary)
- (Select Quick Format if necessary)
- Drag'n'Drop or select via Open Dialog an ISO/DVD/Folder with bootable Windows content
- Click "Do it!"
- (Provide administrative privileges if you will be prompted)
- Enjoy and if you like support the project with a donation :-)
- One of the creation steps fails?
- Run WiNToBootic in debug mode as shown below and you will get an error message. Still no idea? Mail the error message and all details (OS environment, USB drive type and model, Windows boot image type and source, screenshots are helpful).
- Console (cmd) mode support??
- Command line support removed in v2.0 because it seems nobody use it. If enough requests come in the feature will be added again.
Note: you can still use this feature in v1.2
- More questions?
- Something missing? Ask via e-mail.
- 2.1 (04/06/2013) ↓download
- FIXED: False-positive detection as Trojan.Dropper by some Antivirus engines (thanks to users reported this issue)
- FIXED: Issue with keeping of the selection during drive list refresh
- IMPROVED: Error notification in case of job failure
- IMPROVED: Multithreading support
- Internal optimizations
- 2.0.1 (08/26/2012)
- FIXED Failing of "bootloader flashing" on some thumb drives (thanks to Raphael)
- UPDATED Windows 8 (6.2.9200) final release support
- 2.0 (07/17/2012)
- NEW GUI:
- Convenient Notifications
- NEW Support of USB HDD
- NEW Support of boot disk creation from CD/DVD or Folder
- NEW Multithreading support
- Performance Optimization
- Fixes and Enhancements
- DISABLED Command Line Mode
- 1.2 (10/16/2011) ↓download
- NEW Command line mode
- NEW Some optimizations
- TESTED Support of Windows 8
- 1.1 (08/15/2011)
- ADDED Debug mode
- ADDED Single program instance check
- FIXED Icon ugliness
- 1.0 (07/13/2011)
- First release